Category: Amplifiers, Stimulators, Data Acquisition, Electrophysiology tools
Contact : email@example.com
KF Technology, as AM Systems's Distributor, offers a wide variety of fine bare, fine insulated wires, and straightened rods for your electrode manufacturing needs. We also have the ability to provide custom diameters and lengths of any item for your unique applications.
Platinum-Iridium, Platinum, Silver, Gold, Stainless Steel, and Tungsten wire and rod are available in diameters as small as 0.001” (25 µ) to as large as 0.025” (635 µ).
- Gold wire features 99.99% purity and offers researchers a noble metal with biological inertness. Gold is softer than platinum and this feature may be used as an advantage in some applications. 10 feet (3 m) per spool.
- Platinum Rod and Wire feature 99.99% purity and are often used where the biological inertness of pure platinum is a desirable feature.
- Platinum-Iridium, This wire features a 90% Platinum and 10% Iridium composition and is widely used in the assembly of microelectrode probes. Iridium, a Platinum group metal, is very dense and hard, imparting added strength to the wire.
- Silver wire features 99.99% purity and is offered in a wide variety of sizes for microelectrode fabrication.
Stainless Steel Rod and Wire feature Type 316 composition, except for Double Spring strength which has an Elgiloy composition. All Stainless Steel Rod and Wire are stress annealed to optimize handling characteristics.
Annealed, Full, and Half are descriptive terms for the way the wire was cured in the drawing process. Each of these techniques will help yield different tensile strengths given in thousands of pounds per square inch (kPSI). The main points to think about are that the higher the kPSI the more brittle the wire is but the better it retains its shape. The high kPSI wire is good for making straight electrodes that need to penetrate through tissue. The low kPSI is a softer more flexible wire, it is less likely to break if you repetitively bend the wire. This low kPSI wire is good for making twisted pair electrodes.
- Tungsten Wire offers the greatest strength and stiffness among all of our Wire compositions. It is electrochemically cleaned and annealed.